Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I Travel to Have Fun

Who are my travel buddies? They are not family. I have been there and done that. They are not my wives or girlfriends (not married -- thank GOD). Nor are they friends from work. The people I tend to travel with are the ones I have common interests. For instance, on my last travel jaunt, I went to Las Vegas for a Star Trek Convention. We saw Avery Brooks, who was Captain Sisko from Deep Space Nine, and Nichelle Nichols from the original series Star Trek. My friends and I collected autographs, watched videos, and upcoming attractions. On another travel gig, a travel companion and I went Mexico -- Cancun specifically -- and we sat on the beach. We went swimming in the cyan blue ocean. We went too quite a few bars and a pirate themed restaurant. I think of this trip, often, and it is the reason why I do not travel with girlfriends to this day. Although, I have pleasant memories, when we return from the trip “the companion” soon broke up afterwards. So I only travel with people that have a vested interest in having fun and have a common interest, such as science fiction -- or anthropology.

No comments:

Post a Comment