Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Slinky Maker

My favourite invention, at least in the kitchen, is the apple slinky maker. Not an obvious choice when I think of all the labour saving gadgets in the kitchen, or indeed all the important inventions across history, but one that I really enjoy and appreciate. For those of you who don't know what a slinky maker is, it is an apple peeler, corer and slicer all in one, where the apple turns out peeled, cored and sliced into a slinky shape with a few easy twists of a handle. This marvellous invention has saved me hours when making apple pie after apple pie from an over enthusiastic apple tree in my autumn garden. It has also raised me to the status of demi-goddess with my children's friends when a simple apple afternoon snack is transformed into the most amazing food play they have ever had eating something sensible.

No comments:

Post a Comment