Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Interested In Travelling

When I’m travelling, I am interested in the history of a place, but only because it has helped to shape the present culture and psyche of its people. I tend to prefer cultural museums over art museums and get little pleasure from visiting churches or looking at interesting buildings (unless I am with my father, who inevitably can explain why the building is architecturally significant from a structural point of view – that is endlessly fascinating).What I do love about travel are sensory experiences. I can easily spend a day in a food market, sampling local delicacies, watching how the local people choose produce and bargain for things, discovering interesting new products and food items and chatting to the vendors. Good eating is very important to me when travelling .Similarly; we noted that we would walk hours to see a waterfall or other natural wonders. I love a good hike and checking out weird spiders, berries and mushrooms in a forest, or just riding a bike just outside the city centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment